Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day Four (Aug 21st)

More staple-picking and staple-gunning for me, and Noelle started etching a plate! I watched her paint it with chemicals. After that, they put the copper plate on a heating device and applied the Sugar Lift goop stuff. I think Sugar Lift would be a great name for a band, but the stuff itself is kinda nasty-looking. They said I might be able to have a plate to etch; I hope that's the case. I don't know what I would draw on it, but it would be nice to try it out.

Ed and Brian, two of the printers here, have a ping pong table. It's fun to watch them play after lunch. They keep ongoing scores.

P.S., Ed is totally a labradoodle-caveman. With glasses.

It was such a beautiful day; I felt like napping.

On a random social note, I was supposed to hang out with this pen-pal friend of mine after work, but her phone had died. I'm told that this happens a lot with her. I hope I can hang out with her soon. I like how peaceful Skidmore Place is, but being here by myself is psyching me out in the evenings.

No ghost encounters yet, at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah! I don't know about the "ghost" stuff. We never heard or saw anything. I have to admit, though, that bringing your laundry from the basement to the bedroom lat at night can give you the heebie-jeebies.

Sarah said...

I'll have to come up and visit you and stalk the place at night and like throw pebbles at the window to freak you out even MORE. Mwahahaha.....

And Sugar Lift would be a cute name...