Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pollos Mario

Mom and I found this mysterious note in the kitchen:


It's easy to drive there. Take Main (Montauk) to Fifth street, and turn left. Then drive until you see the goofy-looking chicken mascot on a big white sign. Don't let that mascot fool you; this is a very seriously good restaurant. Amaaaazing and abuuuundant food! Watch out for the green chile salsa in the dainty glass cup. It's atomic. They must shred raw jalépeños into this stuff...

Most of the staff speaks Spanish, so you know it's authentic food.

PHOTOS:

Spoils of war.

Mom demonstrates how tasty the leftovers are.

The only reason you wouldn't like this candy is if you don't like coconut.
¡¡¡SUPERCOCO!!!

...¡Mamá! ¡Ése es mi caramelo del supercoco! :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Supercoco! Where did you find it? I haven't had a bite of it in 10 years! My exchange student (from Bogota, Colombia) brought me some as a gift when she came to stay with us. I found a place in Canada who sells it, but they are really, really expensive.

Hannahlotl said...

Hi Rachell! The candy was offered to me at the Pollos Mario restaurant after my mom and I left. I don't know where to get more or else I'd have a mountain of it by now.

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I found a place online where you can buy the supercoco candy. I am so excited about getting to taste this wonderful candy again. Here's the link:
http://www.amigofoods.com/lukerproducts.html

Thanks!