Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Settling In

I decided to drive my car to New York so I would have transportation. My husband, Ben, came with me and flew back. JFK is only 45 minutes away, so it was an easy drive. After he left, I drove around a little and found ULAE and the train station. Everything is pretty close by, but not really close enough to walk, at least not in winter.

I feel right at home at Skidmore Place. I grew up in a very old house, so this place seems familiar to me.

One of my responsibilities at ULAE is to get lunch every day. Monday, Bill Goldston taught me how to make a wonderful vegetable soup. This morning I had to find the laundry mat and wash the woolen blankets used in the print making process. Ed gave me great directions there, but I got a little turned around headed back. Hurrah, for the Garmin. It was not perfect, but it did get me back.

This weekend I plan to go to The New Museum in the Lower East Side to view "Live Forever: Elizabeth Peyton." It will be my first New York Train ride. I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

The museum sounds interesting. you'll have a great adventure going on the train. Take a book to read! The hour ride in Chicago was made a lot better by my books and my iPod. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you notice your entry is labeled by Spring. I read all the entries til I figured out that only the first one it actually you.

I kept thinking...that can't be Mary, can it? Then again...maybe you ARE Spring.. LOL

Anonymous said...

Laurie is Anonymous in the previous post.