Monday, January 26, 2009

Week Three

Last weekend I stayed home tucked in bed with a cold, so I will tell you about my adventures from the previous weekend.

I learned a lot about the subway. I was going to MoMA's PS1,
(http://ps1.org/), to see the Olafur Eliasson exhibition. Only one piece was still installed. I went to the room where it was and a poetry reading in honor of Bessie Smith, a blues singer, was happening. They had liv instruments and the actors wore wild costumes. The room had a revolving mirror on the ceiling that was part of the Eliasson exhibit, so you could see the presentation from many angles. It was pretty neat.

I had a bit of trouble getting there. I took the first train uptown too far, so I had to go back downtown, but I forgot to check the letter and took the F train instead of the E train. I was on my way to Coney Island. So, I had to get off the train and go back to where I was and take the E train to the Ely and 21st Street exit. One good thing about the subway is that once you pay, if you don't exit, you don't have to pay again, so it is a bit forgiving.

No comments: