Monday, May 4, 2009

This was my last weekend in New York. I went to the New York City Public Library and saw the Gutenberg Bible, as well as an exhibit of Art Deco books and posters. The building has lovely ceilings with putti looking down upon the patrons and murals in arched panels by Edward Lanning. The murals were painted during the Works Progress Administration Project and are themed on "The Progression of the Word."

Afterward I went to MOMA for one last visit. Saturday I went on a tour of Carnegie Hall and then went to The Met for one last visit. I saw the Roxy Paine installation in the roof garden. I also wandered around the first floor and came across the Medieval arms room with armor. I did not know that armor had such intricate scroll work in the metal.

I said goodbye to my friends Vermeer, Monet, Renoir, Degas, Miro, Picasso, Van Gogh, and all the rest. I took a walk through Central Park and then took the subway down to Houston Street to eat a corned beef sandwich at Katz Deli.

I love walking through the city and watching all the activity. I will especially miss my walks through New York. What a great time I have had!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time to come home, baby.

Laurie