Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This past week end I went to The Closters, located on four acres of woods and gardens, which were in bloom. I believe the pink tree is a weeping cherry. It is on the left as you enter the gardens.

The structure is comprised of five Medieval cloisters from Monastic sites in France. It is full of Medieval artifacts and art like stained glass windows, tapestries, furniture, and even tomb markers. There are two herb gardens in court yards surrounded by arches. The asp on the left is the Romanesque which has the
round arches.

The glass room is full of stain glass and silver stained roundels like this one.









The Cloisters were a bit like walking into another time. It was peaceful and hushed, even though many people were there. It is one of my favorite things I have done while in New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you are going home soon. I am so looking forward to family reunion where you can tell some of the work you did as well as what you saw and visited.

Laurie