Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My First Project at ULAE



When I arrived here at ULAE I was given the task to take over where the previous Intern had left off hand painting two prints by California artist Chagoya. For this process one of the printers (ED) would make the black and white (Intaglio) print, and I would come in afterwards and hand paint each one based on the artist's hand painted B.A.T. (this is what they call an artist print that has been
completely approved
and from which all other print will be measured
for accuracy) Each of these prints had 80 copies printed and painted, and the final number used for the edition came out to be 24 and 26. I was engaged with each step of the process on these prints and found it to be very fulfilling to be able to be apart of the finished prints. I am attaching some photo's that were taken during this process.


No comments: