Tuesday, December 29, 2009


Well, my last week in New York was a blast. Mauro came for the weekend and we walked through the city with all its Christmas decorations. I love the lighted trees with every branch wound with little white lights. So pretty. The windows were neat, some were a little creepy. Oh and I danced in the Nutcracker and Mauro got to watch the dress rehearsal, pre-show run through and two performances...what a trooper. That was so fun, and a surprisingly large crowd. Then my sister came and we drove out to East Hampton and then all the way to the lighthouse in Montauk. It was a little rainy, but it's worth the trip, especially if the weather is good. I kind of love the beach in bad weather, cold or rainy. It's very contemplative and meditative. The drive was really nice and only maybe an hour and a half. Then, my parents came to help me drive home. We saw The Lion Kind and it was amazing. We went to the Guggenheim, one last time. It was Kandinsky and it was really neat to see all the colors on every floor, like the white rows with splotches of color. It was a great and vast exhibit. I like the way the Guggenheim curates exhibits, they had a lot about his life which I think has a lot of significance for his paintings and drawings. I wish I could have gone to all the museums one last time, but, alas, there is never enough time.
Anyway, I'm home now, that drive is never fun, but well worth it. My thanks to Bill and everyone at ULAE, Marie, Jill, Bruce, Brian, Jason, and of course Frank. It was a blast and I wish I could start over! Thank you!


No comments: