Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Word From...: Cars

I have heard that some interns haven't brought their cars with them when they come to New York... I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be up here without a car. We wouldn't be able to do anything! It would make us very, very inefficient. I wouldn't be able to go to the store for groceries or pick up take out. We wouldn't even be able to get to work (it's much too far to walk and biking would be difficult and no fun, but possible). We couldn't get to the train station to take us into the city. We couldn't go to dinner in the evenings, or any where on the weekends (the ocean, IKEA, pleasure driving, etc.). In other words we'd be stuck. I highly advise all interns to bring their car!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the tips. I am going to be interning next summer and your posts have been great. I will have to talk to you guys more about your summer when you get back.